Technical Sales Representative – North Central Valley
Responsibilities include promotion of Nichino products to achieve or exceed sales and profit budget by applying knowledge of agricultural science, IPM, and the ag-chem retail distribution business. The successful candidate will make in person, phone, and email contact throughout assigned territory with distributors and growers. Contact will also be achieved through attendance at events such as trade shows, key account meetings and association meetings. Efficient scheduling, CRM recordkeeping and budgeting are administrative skills that will help drive success.
Distributors and growers appreciate the consultative abilities of Nichino sales reps. The successful candidate will be able to learn and convey product use information in one on one and group presentations. In addition to providing product use guidance, reps are expected to fully implement customer incentive programs developed by the marketing department. Our reps also work with commodity groups, key influencers, university extensions, and internal departments in order to facilitate and identify new uses and needs for Nichino products.
We are seeking a candidate with the following qualifications and attributes:
- Minimum of a B.S. Degree in Agricultural Science or Agricultural Business with an emphasis on sciences.
- Current California PCA license or ability to obtain within one year of employment.
- Understanding of the agricultural chemical retail distribution business.
- Knowledge of key pest management, agronomic, and cultural practices of California ag.
- Strong organization skills to maximize communications with distributors and growers.
- Discipline to maintain records and sales activity reporting.
- Desire to work as an integral, dependable member of a closely-knit team.
- The ability to travel overnight up to 30% for internal training and company meetings.
- Computer skills including MS Office, Power Point, and Excel.
Job Location: Residency in the territory is required
Territory: Primarily the counties of Merced, Stanislaus, and San Joaquin
Job Classification: Full time, exempt
Nichino members enjoy an excellent health benefits package, competitive pay, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your resume and to see Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Nichino America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.