Technical Sales Representative, California Central Coast and Kern County
Nichino America is looking for a Technical Sales Representative to join our innovative customer-focused company. Responsibilities include promotion of Nichino products to achieve or exceed sales and profit budget by applying knowledge of agricultural science, IPM, and the ag-chem retail distribution business. Distributors and growers appreciate the consultative abilities of Nichino sales reps. The successful candidate will be able to learn and convey Nichino product information in one on one and group presentations.
Key Essential Functions
- Solicit and close product orders to achieve annual sales and territory objectives.
- Plan and execute face to face meetings, electronic communication, trade show attendance, and other industry events.
- Routinely study NAI and competitive product labels and collateral materials to keep knowledge current.
- Disciplined entry of appointments, sales call outcomes and customer information in CRM system.
- Provide ongoing feedback and market intel to assist in developing effective marketing plans.
- Collaborate with commodity groups, key influencers, crop consultants, university extension personnel, and internal NAI departments to identify new product uses.
- B.S. in agricultural science or agribusiness with an emphasis on ag science.
- Pest Control Advisor license or ability to attain within 6 months.
- Sales experience with crop protection products preferred.
- Understanding of the agricultural chemical retail distribution business.
- Knowledge of key pest management, agronomic, and cultural practices.
- Discipline to maintain records and sales activity reporting.
- Desire to work as an integral, dependable member of a closely-knit team.
- Computer skills including MS Office, Power Point, and Excel.
Physical Demands: In addition to typical office work demands, you must be able to operate a motor vehicle safely for long distances, travel by aircraft, work outdoors in very hot, very cold, or otherwise inclement weather. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Travel Expectations: Up to 40% over night including minimal travel outside of territory for region and company-wide meetings.
Job Location: Residency in the territory is required.
Job Classification: Full time, exempt
Nichino employees enjoy an excellent health benefits package, competitive pay, paid vacation and sick leave.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for employment visa status to be considered for this position.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your resume and to see Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Nichino America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.