Strategic Grower Account Manager – Fresno and North SJV
This position is responsible for achieving or exceeding assigned sales goals by developing and managing relationships with key, identified strategic growers in the assigned geography of California, Arizona, Washington, Oregon and Idaho. The primary geography is from Fresno County to San Joaquin County in California. The SGA Manager will inform growers of the benefits of Nichino products and will direct channel development using knowledge of the industry’s distribution network. Contact will be achieved through face to face meetings, electronic communication, and attendance at events such as trade shows, key account meetings and association meetings. Efficient scheduling, CRM record keeping and budgeting are administrative skills that will help drive success.
Distributors and growers alike appreciate the consultative abilities of Nichino representatives. The successful candidate will be able to learn and convey product use information in one on one and group presentations. Nichino representatives also work with commodity groups, key influencers, university extensions, and internal departments in order to facilitate and identify new uses and needs for Nichino products. The SGA Manager will also assist Marketing personnel in the development of strategies and tactics. The position does not have responsibility for direct reports at this time.
We are seeking a candidate with the following qualifications and attributes:
- Minimum of a B.A. or B.S. Degree in business or agriculture and nine years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current California PCA license.
- Proven confidence to approach and successfully interact with key personnel in multimillion dollar growing operations.
- A broad understanding of the western U.S. agricultural chemical retail distribution business.
- Knowledge of key pest management, agronomic, and cultural practices of California agriculture.
- Strong organization skills to maximize communications with target audience.
- Discipline to maintain records and sales activity reporting.
- Desire to work as an integral, dependable member of a closely knit team.
- The ability to travel overnight up to 30-40% as needed for job duties.
- Computer skills including MS Office, Power Point, and Excel.
Residency: Fresno, California preferred
Job Location: Fresno, California – Northern California
Job Classification: Full time, exempt
Nichino members enjoy an excellent health benefits package, competitive pay, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your resume and to see Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Nichino America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.