Product Development Representative – Pacific Northwest
Test and evaluate new products by applying knowledge of chemical, biological and agricultural sciences. Responsibilities include development activities, technical services, and the training of Technical Sales Representatives primarily in the assigned territory.
Key Essential Functions
- Build relationships with cooperators, NAI Technical Sales Reps and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate guidance for appropriate use of products and development of new uses.
- Work closely with and follow direction of the Manager, Field Development to develop protocols for both research and demonstration trials.
- Independently set up, monitor, and follow through trials to completion providing NAI with data, updates, comments, and formal efficacy reports.
- Coordinate and execute technical programs developed to support sales in territory and serve as technical services for NAI sales representatives.
- Positively represent NAI on industry committees and taskforces.
- Gather and report intelligence on product needs, uses, and use patterns in territory.
M.S. or Ph.D. in and agricultural science, preferably agronomy, weed science, plant pathology, or entomology.
- Experience in field, greenhouse, and lab research.
- Computer skills including MS Office, Outlook and databases.
In addition to typical office work demands, you must be able to operate a motor vehicle safely for long distances, travel by aircraft, put out demonstration plots, wear a respirator and other PPE, work outdoors in very hot, very cold, or otherwise inclement weather. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Annual Overnight Travel: Approximately 35%
Job Location: Residency within assigned territory is required.
Job Classification: Full time, exempt.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for employment visa status to be considered for this position.
Nichino members enjoy an excellent health benefits package, competitive pay, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your resume and to see Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Nichino America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.