Customer Service Representative / Office Administrator – Wilmington, Delaware
Receives, processes and follows through on customer orders. Provides general office and equipment support and handles receptionist duties. Includes meeting and event arrangements, maintenance requests, equipment and office supply orders. Reconciles some vendor invoices, retrieves and distributes mail.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Processes customer orders upon receipt by determining best shipping point, receives Bills of Lading and basis for invoice using Sage 100, and notifying warehouse and transportation vendor.
- Communicates effectively with vendors, internal Supply Chain planners and Marketing to ensure customer receives product as soon as possible and confirms arrangement with customer.
- Receives and checks Bills of Lading for accuracy and provides the document to accounting for billing.
- References marketing programs to ensure quantities and pricing conform to programs for terms qualifications.
- Maintains customer and customer service vendor contact information.
- Handles customer inquiries, freight claims, resolves customer issues/complaints related to product shipments and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Maintains Data Comp Spreadsheet.
- Works with sales to create, send and follow up on Distributor Contracts.
Office Administrator Responsibilities
- Maintains office operations and procedures such as IT contact, filing systems, requisition of supplies, equipment programming and repair, building maintenance tickets, new hire on-boarding assist, and other clerical services.
- Maximizes productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Acts as NAI receptionist by answering calls, greeting guests and maintaining phone system auto attendant, door security and entry fobs.
- Coordinates on-site and off-site meetings, including refreshments when requested.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Performs all secretarial functions, including distribution of mail and faxes. Organizes and maintains company’s file system.
- Coordinates schedules for managers, including travel arrangements, etc.
- Schedules transportation and accommodations for incoming guests.
- Support the President and CEO by creating travel itineraries, leading the records retention ongoing project and CropLife America annual meeting arrangements including affiliate meetings, dinners and refreshments.
High school diploma, advanced MS Word, basic MS Excel and Powerpoint and three years’ experience in an administrative support role. College degree and experience in the crop protection business sector preferred.
Physical Demands: Performing work in a typical office environment.
Annual Overnight Travel: One to two overnight trips for meeting planner duties may be required.
Job Location: Wilmington, DE with optional work from home on Tuesday and Friday.
Job Classification: Full time, non-exempt.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Nichino members enjoy an excellent health benefits package, competitive pay, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your resume and to see Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Nichino America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.