Project Manager – Remote or Wilmington, Delaware
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our innovative and customer-focused company. In this role, you will be the point person for the project management process as well as lead a variety of critical projects. As a project leader, you will work cross-functionally and be accountable for ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and scope.
- Coordinate and facilitate Nichino America’s project management office to ensure that projects are properly initiated, prioritized, executed, and adhere to Nichino’s project management process.
- Manage and continuously improve the project database.
- Work with internal teams to establish a set of criteria to evaluate projects for advancement.
- Overall responsibility to manage timelines, milestones, and deliverables for all approved projects.
- Engage and coordinate with management decisions; gain commitment to agreed actions; and ensure work quality of the project team deliverables.
- Motivate, communicate and facilitate project team members to meet goals and deadlines as defined by each project’s work plan and business case.
- Grow value: challenge and mentor the core teams in defining new opportunities, ensure high quality forecast in all concepts/projects, leverage projects from other areas and businesses, pursue selective new concepts/projects aligned with global business management team strategies.
- Develop standardized project documentation to capture and communicate key assumptions and deliverables for each project milestone reached.
- Work closely with the Nichino Global Project Management team to drive engagement between regional and global teams and to facilitate the integration of Nichino America’s projects into the global project management process.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/agriculture/science/engineering.
- Postgraduate degree in business/science/engineering preferred but not required.
- Certification in project management required (i.e. PMI certifications, IAPM certifications, Six Sigma certifications).
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management in new product development and R&D with preference given to experience in the specialty chemicals or agrochemical industry.
- Skilled in the practice of managing by influence and building consensus to affect change.
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Comfortable communicating with, and taking input from, a variety of people, including senior management.
- Experienced in working within a global organization and an aptitude for working in diverse cultures.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Power Point, Excel, and other MS office applications. Experience in Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, or other Project Management tools a plus.
Physical Demands: Performing work in a typical office environment.
Annual Overnight Travel: Up to 10% annual travel in the Continental United States.
Job Location: Wilmington, DE with optional work from home on Tuesday and Friday or out of area remote with one week per quarter in the Wilmington, DE office.
Job Classification: Full time, exempt.
Nichino members enjoy an excellent health benefits package, competitive pay, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your resume and to see Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Nichino America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship for employment visa status.