Product Manager – Wilmington, Delaware
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in relevant field
- 5 + years’ experience in marketing, sales and/or product management in the North American crop protection industry
- Strong analytical, strategic and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- High energy and positive attitude
Develop and execute written marketing plans and manages tactical implementation of the assigned product portfolio for Nichino America Inc. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Product Manager will work closely with Sales, Product Development and Regulatory Affairs and provide leadership to ensure their portfolio goals are met, while supporting the company’s overall strategy and direction.
Key Essential Functions:
- Establishes strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products.
- Develops and executes comprehensive product/brand marketing positioning and programs, both short and long range including revenue forecasting, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization.
- Develops and manages product/brand marketing operating budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market conditions.
- Monitors competitive products positioning, pricing and marketing activities.
- Ensures use of and incorporates target segmentation of end-user database information in brand strategy and tactics.
- Oversees and coordinates production and production planning to facilitate adequate product supplies and availability to customers.
- Resolves conflicts and facilitates changes in structure of marketing group to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts, and provides feedback for future product development.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
Physical Demands: In addition to performing work in a typical office environment you must be able to travel by motor vehicle, train and aircraft. Agricultural excursions with field personnel will be required.
Annual Overnight Travel: Approximately 20-40% including some weekend travel days.
Job Location: Wilmington, Delaware.
Job Classification: Full time, exempt.
Nichino members enjoy an excellent health benefits package, competitive pay, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your resume and to see Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Nichino America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.