Manager of Strategic Planning and Business Development –
Remote or Wilmington, DE
We are seeking a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year accredited college or university. Agribusiness related degree is preferred but not necessary and a Master’s degree is a plus.
- Five years directly related experience.
- Strong analytical, strategic and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- High energy and positive attitude.
This position manages the strategic planning process, identification and acquisition of new business opportunities and Nichino’s licensing business through hands on work. The position is responsible for all aspects of business growth through implementation of the NAI Strategic Plan and by directing and managing the NAI business development strategy.
Key Essential Functions:
- Leads the development of a comprehensive Strategic Plan that is aligned with the Senior Management and Board of Directors vision and direction for the corporation.
- Manages third party licensing activities for both in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities to increase NAI’s revenue.
- Develops and expands third party sales opportunities and is responsible for achieving the third-party sales budget.
- Provides input and feedback to Product Development and Marketing for future and ongoing product development projects.
- Participates in the Project Management process for licensed and developmental candidate related projects, creating the baseline knowledge for potential development of new candidate compounds for NAI.
- Leads the generic defense strategy for all NAI active ingredients including updating data matrices for data compensation, competitive watchouts, and tactical responses.
- Engages and manages external consultants as needed for special projects.
- Investigates and develops the third-party sales and expense budgets and manages resources within budgetary guidelines.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None at present
Physical Demands: This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, mobile devices, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Annual Overnight Travel: 20-50% of the year domestically and abroad including some weekend travel days.
Job Location: Remote or Wilmington, DE
Job Classification: Full time, exempt
Nichino members enjoy an excellent health benefits package, competitive pay, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your resume and to see Benefits-at-a-Glance.
Nichino America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.